Watching season 4 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and suddenly pondering something: Can someone please explain how The Initiative, a government-run agency with “the latest in state-of-the-art technology and weaponry” is still using an overhead projector in its assignment briefings (“The I in Team,” with the Polgara demon)? Or are they just using the latest in state-of-the-art 1976 technology…
Well, after the absolute insanity of the stuff that was happening earlier today, I’m happy to say I was able to get out for a while and have some fun. I attended my first-ever sci-fi meetup in the city, a “Whedonthon” hosted by my friend Adam. I got to watch episodes from Joss’ catalog of awesome—stuff from Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, and Firefly—with fellow fans, which was a treat. To top it all off, Adam and the other organizer did a little raffle, and I won one of the prizes! (The official companion book for Firefly.) I hardly ever win raffle-y things, so that was a nice surprise.
As to the NP stuff…well, the thread on FB blew up in ways I was not at all expecting, and everyone seems to have ripped TMCP guy apart. I don’t think anything is going to come of the “lawsuit,” and everything he says is truly a waste of air. My hope is that this will all just blow over and be done with, but with fans like him, you never really do know when the next eruption will come from Mount Crazy…
|—||Angel, season 1, “The Prodigal”|
Lilac and Wesley was the hottest thing in the entire Jossverse.
THIS THIS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.
Why don’t more people like this pairing?! They freaking melt the screen every time they’re on because they have so much chemistry together.
|—||Wash, to Kaylee in Firefly episode “Heart of Gold.”|
|—||Angel, Angel, S01 E15, “The Prodigal.”|
I swear…whenever I see Jeremy Renner’s name on Tumblr, or anyplace else these days, all I ever think of is season one of Angel…where he played Penn in the episode “Somnambulist.” Am I the only one?
- Wesley and Lilah together gets hotter and hotter.
- Cordelia and Connor together gets creepier and creepier.
- Oh Captain, my Captain. <3 Love Mal already, the big galoot.
- Wow, Jayne’s kind of an aggressive asshole. Does Adam Baldwin ever play any characters that aren’t aggressive assholes? (See, re: Angel season 5.)
- Shiny! = new favorite word
- Oh god, I am so Kaylee. Really, I am. And she is awesome.
- Wash is adorable and cute and I want to adopt him. Also: Officially jealous of Zoe for getting her clothes ripped off by him/Alan Tudyk.
- Inara is perdy. I wish Mal would treat her a little nicer, though.
- The characters are randomly speaking Chinese. Hmm. That’s interesting. Hope that will be explained soon (Wild guess: It’s set in the future where China has become a superpower and so Chinese is one of the “official” world languages, along with English).
- Mal/Jayne sexual tension like whoa. I think they may or may not be my official OTP for this.
- …However Mal/Simon is kinda hot, too.
- Why does that poor actor who played the Fed always get stuck playing creepy/evil characters? (Ken on Buffy season 3, episode “Anne”; Richard on Angel season 1, episode “The Bachelor Party”). Kinda feel bad for the guy…
- This show is very Whedon-y. I can see the Whedonness from the first episode and look forward to seeing more. Yay!